The first week of May is over, and what a week it was. There is a lot to reflect on, especially with everything that went on in the crypto space. So, without further adieu, here is this weeks top crypto news.
This Week’s Top Crypto News
April 30 – May 1
On both Monday and Tuesday, coins in the crypto markets were in both the green and the red. On April 30, both BitShares (BTS) and Lisk (LSK) were up. On May 1, all of the top-ten coins were in the red, while Bitcoin Private (BTCP) shot up.
Aside from coins, the crypto space saw some major announcements on both Monday and Tuesday. Here are 7:
1. Iran banned Telegram
2. SBI Holdings Launched a Crypto Exchange
3. Circle Added ZCash (ZEC) to Circle Invest app
4. Hong Kong Said Bitcoin is Medium-Low Risk
5. Australian Securities Exchange Added Blockchain
6. Iran Tested its Virtual Currency
7. London Block Exchange Added Ethereum Classic (ETC) and Bitcoin Cash (BTH)
Considering that’s seven major announcements over the course of two days, it’s not surprising they became top crypto news.
May 2 – May 4
Coins on the crypto market kicked off Wednesday in the green zone, with all of the top-ten coins trading up. Alternative coins like Lisk (LSK), VeChain (VEN), and Monero (XMR) were also up. Then, on Thursday, while most of the top-ten coins were seeing green again, EOS, Tron (TRX), and Stellar (XLM) found themselves in the red. That brings us to today, May 4. Coins are both floating and sinking today, with Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and Ripple (XRP) up, and EOS, Cardano (ADA), and Stellar (XLM) are down.
Like Monday and Tuesday, the crypto sector saw some major announcements these last couple days. Here are a few:
1. Blockchain (crypto wallet) opened up an office in San Francisco
2. The Panmunjom Declaration was Recorded on Ethereum Blockchain
3. The FTC Announced it Will be Holding a Workshop in June to Educate People on Crypto Scams
4. Bitcoin Payments will be Returning to Reddit
5. Richard Branson Opened up about Bitcoin and Crypto Scams
6. Goldman Sachs announced it will Launch Bitcoin Futures Contracts Soon
7. JPMorgan Filed a Patent for Blockchain-Power P2P Payments
The Top Crypto News Takeaway
Did you have a favorite announcement from this week? Let me know below!
Featured Image: Depositphotos/© Varavin88
Source: April 30-May 4: Top Crypto News